Dates: January 10-12, 2020
Winter Camp sessions are perfect for connecting with like-minded dog people and their dogs in a more relaxed camp setting. Large (hopefully snowy) fields, hot chocolate (or wine!!!), roasting marshmallows around a roaring fire, time for naps, lingering delicious meals, and a few scheduled activities each day. Winter Camp days are some of our favorites of all camps!
Breakfast & lunch are served on Saturday, brunch on Sunday, plus catered camp dinners (BYOB) on Friday & Saturday.
Activities for Previous Winter Camps have included (2019 is still in the works, but many of these will be on the schedule):
- Barn Hunt
- Trick Training/Canine Circus School
- Nosework Sniff n Go
- Sheep Herding & Lure Coursing (if weather conditions are amenable)
- Indoor & Outdoor Camp Fires
- Dog sledding/dog powered sports
- DIY Dog “Spa” Products
- Special Arts & Crafts Project (2018 was Snuffle Mats)
- Stir Crazy: How to Keep Your Dog Mentally Stimulated
- K9 Kindness Rocks
- 1 Hour long human massages
- Evening games for you and your dog
- Champagne toast under the stars
- Sunday morning Mimosas & Bloody Mary Bar
- Perpetual hot chocolate/coffee bar to keep you warm the entire weekend!
Additional activities and surprises are in the works, plus all the spontaneous fun created by campers hanging out together. For those interested, cross country ski and snow shoe rentals are available nearby in Baraboo at Wildside Action Sports.
Winter Camp is our personal favorite camp of the year. The slower pace and more intimate group really gives us a chance to bond with everyone for good conversation and laughs. The lack of the typical hustle and bustle is something to be embraced at Winter Camp. We look forward to a great relaxing weekend for everyone where we can all get away where You and Your Dog Stay & Play!- – Camp Dogwood Directors
For the holidays, tell your friends and family that you want a CAMP DOGWOOD GIFT CERTIFICATE!
Sample Schedule for WINTER CAMP
A PREVIOUS YEAR’S SCHEDULE IS SHOWN BELOW – ACTIVITIES & STAFF WILL VARY.
2 People with only one dogOccupancy
* Off-site lodging rates also available, pay for meals only – $295 / per person *